Since only one action can be brought for injuries from one accident, it is common, as a safe-guard, to bring a claim under both negligence and breach of statutory duty. To succeed with a claim under the latter…
• The claimant must be a class of person whom the statute intended to protect;
• The injury or damage must be one that the statue was designed to prevent;
• The defendant must be in breach of the duty;
• The breach must have caused the injury or damage (note, there is no requirement to prove negligence);
• The statute must provide a right to civil action.
Where an employer has done everything…..
Our core business is industrial accident investigation and we have a wealth of varied experience in that field.
Designed for those with an involvement in the accident investigation process, the reading areas consider a range of subjects from the perspective of the accident investigator.